The following page describes how Mango fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Heat Stroke, Bilious Disorders, Blood Disorders, Scurvy, Eye Disorders, Infections, Loss of Weight, Diabetes, Diarrhoea, Female Disorders, Throat Disorders, Scorpion Bites. Read the following passages about Mango fruit advantages and find Mango effects on your body-
Mango – Health Benefits
1. Benefits of Unripe Mango in Heat Stroke or Treatment of Heat Stroke with Unripe Mango- The unripe mango protects men from the adverse effects of hot, scorching winds. A drink, prepared from the unripe mango by cooking it in hot ashes and mixing the pith with sugar and water, is an effective remedy for heat exhaustion and heatstroke. Eating raw mango with salt quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron during summer due to excessive sweating.
Gastro-Intestinal Disorders: Unripe green mangoes are beneficial in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. Eating one or two small tender mangoes in which the seed is not fully formed with salt and honey is found to be a very effective medicine for summer diarrhoea, dysentery, piles, morning sickness, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation.
2. Benefits of Unripe Mango in Bilious Disorders or Treatment of Bilious Disorders with Unripe Mango- Unripe mangoes are an excellent fruit remedy for bilious disorders. The acids contained in the green mango increase the secretion of bile and act as an intestinal antiseptic. Therefore, eating green mango daily with honey and pepper cures biliousness, food putrefaction i.e. when proteins are decomposed by bacteria; urticaria and jaundice. It tones up the liver and keeps it healthy.’
3. Benefits of Unripe Mango in Blood Disorders or Treatment of Blood Disorders with Unripe Mango- The green mango is valuable in blood disorders because of its high vitamin C content. It increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and helps the formation of new blood cells. It aids the absorption of food-iron arid prevents bleeding tendencies. It increases body resistance against tuberculosis, anaemia, cholera and dysentery.
4. Benefits of Unripe Mango in Scurvy or Treatment of Scurvy with Unripe Mango- The amchur, a popular article of diet in Indian houses, consists of green mangoes skinned, stoned, cut into pieces and dried in the sun. 15 gm. of it is believed to be equivalent to 30 gm. of good lime on account of its citric content. It is valuable in the treatment of scurvy.
1. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Eye Disorders or Treatment of Eye Disorders with Ripe Mango- Ripe mangoes are highly beneficial in the treatment of night blindness in which one cannot see properly in dim light. This disease is caused by vitamin A deficiency. It is very common among children who are a victim of malnutrition due to poverty. Liberal use of mangoes during the season will be very effective in such conditions. It will also prevent many other eye diseases which may ultimately cause total blindness. Eating mangoes liberally will also prevent the development of refractive errors, dryness of the eyes, softening of the cornea, itching and burning in the eyes.
2. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Infections or Treatment of Infections with Ripe Mango- All bacterial invasions are due to poor epithelium the tissue that covers the external surface fo the body. Liberal use of mangoes during the season contributes towards the formation of healthy epithelium, thereby preventing frequent attacks of common infections such as colds rhinitis and sinusitis. This is attributable to the high concentration of vitamin A in mangoes.
3. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Loss of Weight or Treatment of Loss Weight with Ripe Mango- The mango-milk cure is an ideal treatment for loss of weight. For this mode of treatment, ripe and sweet mangoes should always be selected. They should be taken thrice a day—morning, noon and evening. The mangoes should be taken first and then followed by milk. The mango is rich in sugar but deficient in protein. On the other hand, milk is rich in protein but deficient in sugar. The deficiency of the one is made up of’ the other. Mango thus combines very well with milk and exclusive mango-milk diet taken for at least one month, will lead to an improvement in health, vigour and gain in weight. The quantity of milk and of the mangoes to be consumed in this mode of treatment should be carefully regulated according to the condition of the patient. For rapid gain in weight, about 4 to 5 litres of milk should be consumed with 3 to 4 kg. of mangoes.
4. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Diabetes or Treatment of Diabetes with Ripe Mango- The tender leaves of the mango tree are considered useful in diabetes. An infusion is prepared from fresh leaves by soaking them overnight in water and squeezing them well in water before filtering it in the morning. This infused water should be taken every morning to control early diabetes. As an alternative to infusion leaves can be dried in the shade, powdered and preserved. Half a teaspoonful of this powder should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
5. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Diarrhoea or Treatment of Diarrhoea with Ripe Mango- The mango seeds are valuable in diarrhoea. The seeds should be collected during the mango season, dried in the shade and powdered and stored for use as medicine. It should be given in doses of about one and a half gram to two grams with or without honey. Juice of fresh flowers when taken with one or two teaspoonfuls of curds, is also valuable in diarrhoea.
6. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Female Disorders or Treatment of Female Disorders with Ripe Mango- Mango seeds are considered useful in certain disorders connected with women &reproductive organs. According to Dr Aman, ‘A teaspoonful of the paste of the decorticated kernel of mango is applied inside the vagina to cure leucorrhoea, vaginitis, and relaxed walls due to multiple pregnancies. Its use half an hour before conjugal union gives a virgin feeling and acts as a safe contraceptive. This has been tried many times with gratifying results. Juice of the fresh mango bark is also valuable in heavy bleeding during menstruation, i.e. menorrhagia, leucorrhoea, mucus and pus discharges from the uterus and bleeding or haemorrhages from the uterus. The juice is given with the addition of the white of an egg or some mucilage—a kind of vegetable glue )obtained from plant and a little opium in these diseases. In the alternative, a mixture of 10 ml. of a fluid extract of the bark and 120 ml. of water is given in down of a teaspoonful every hour or: wo.
7. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Throat Disorders or Treatment of Throat Disorders with Ripe Mango- The mango- bark is very efficacious in the treatment of diphtheria and other throat diseases. Its fluid is locally applied and also used as a gargle. The gargle is prepared by mixing 10 ml. of the fluid extract with 125 ml. of water.
8. Benefits of Ripe Mango in Scorpion Bites or Treatment of Scorpion Bites with Ripe Mango- The juice which oozes out at the time of plucking the fruit from the tree gives immediate relief to pain when applied to a scorpion bite or the sting of a bee. The juice can be collected and kept in a bottle.
Unripe mangoes should not be eaten in excess. Their excessive intake may cause throat irritation, indigestion, dysentery and abdominal colic. One should, therefore, not consume more than one or two green mangoes daily. Water should not be drunk immediately after eating the green mango because it coagulates the sap and makes it more irritant. Sap or milky juice which comes out on breaking the stalk of the green mango is irritant and astringent. Eating green mangoes without draining the sap may cause mouth, throat and gastrointestinal irritations. The sap should, therefore, be fully squeezed out or the skin should be peeled before using raw mango.
Excessive use of mangoes produces ailments like constipation, eye affections, blood impurities and seasonal fever. Children who use the fruit in excess generally suffer from skin disease in its season.