The following page describes how Apricot fruit can help you to fight various diseases like Constipation, Indigestion, Anaemia, Fevers, Skin Diseases. Read the following passages about Apricot fruit advantages and find Apricot effects on your body-
Apricot – Health Benefits
1. Benefits of Apricot in Constipation or Treatment of Constipation with Apricot- The fruit is highly valued as a gentle laxative and is beneficial in the treatment of constipation. This is due to its cellulose and pectin contents. The cellulose, which is not digested, acts as a roughage—that indigestible part of the food which helps the bowel movement and the pectin which absorbs and retains water, thereby increasing bulk to faeces and stimulating smooth bowel movement. Patients suffering from chronic constipation can greatly benefit by regular use of apricots Generally six to eight apricots used per day will produce the desired result.
2. Benefits of Apricot in Indigestion and Treatment of Indigestion with Apricot- Apricots have an alkaline reaction in the system. They aid the digestion if consumed before a meal. Marmalade, made from organically grown fruit, is also valuable in the treatment of nervous indigestion.
3. Benefits of Apricot in Anaemia or Treatment of Anaemia with Apricot- The apricot is an excellent food remedy for anaemia on account of its high content of iron. The. small but essential amount of copper in the fruit makes iron available to the body According to Dr Whipple and Dr Robschiet Robbins, the production of hemoglobin could be increased in the body by liberal use of apricots.’
4. Benefit of Apricot in Fevers of Treatment of Fever with Apricot-Fresh juice of apricots, mixed with glucose or honey, is a very cooling drink during fevers. It quenches the thirst and eliminates the waste products from the body. It tones up the eyes, stomach, liver, heart and nerves by supplying vitamins and minerals.
5. Benefits of Apricot in Skin Diseases and Treatment of Skin Diseases with Apricot- Fresh juice of apricot leaves is useful in skin diseases. It can be applied with beneficial results in scabies, eczema, sunburn and itching of the skin due to cold exposure
Uses of Apricot Fruit-
The apricot in its fresh form is used as a dessert fruit. It is, however, generally used in its dried form. The heat renders it easier to digest. It is made into excellent jam, jelly, marmalades and preserves Apricots canned in sugar are also popular the nut of the apricot is extensively used in confectionery